$50 Free Welcome Bonus
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Old 07-30-2011, 09:28 PM

Default Bingo or yard Sale

If you are ever given the choice to either run a yard sale or go play bingo....GO PLAY BINGO!

I made the wrong choice. I seriously forgot just how boring it is to sit outside or actually in the garage in the heat sweating to death, just hoping someone will buy the crap your selling.

OK not all of it is crap, most of it isn't but then again most of it isn't what people are apparently wanting to buy either.

I have one more day of this and I think that tomorrow after we get it all packed up and done with I might play bingo because I haven't played in a while. We all need fun in life and since I have been doing this I deserve to treat myself a bit with some fun.

Hell maybe at bingo I will actually make some money seeing how I am not in the sale,LOL.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:39 AM

Default Re: Bingo or yard Sale

So, how did your yard sale go? Did you manage to make enough money from it to have a fun night at your local bingo hall? I sure hope you did as we all deserve an evening out just doing what we love best.

And please let us know how you did at bingo. We all here at Bingo Chatter just love to hear about bingo winners.

Hope you did well and will do even better in the future.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:55 AM

I've actually been thinking of having a yard sale to get rid of all the stuff I've managed to accumulate that I don't need, or use. I need to make some space, my closets are too full and it seems that it's hard to find what I'm looking for because there is just too much stuff. What better way to pat myself on the back for getting rid of stuff but by playing bingo with the money I make having a yard sale?

I think I need to get busy getting all that stuff ready before the weather turns too cold! (It would be nice if having a yard sale wasn't such hard work.)
Old 10-10-2013, 02:37 PM

Looks like you better hurry if you want to get done before the weather turns. Could happen any time now that we are in October.

I never have the stuff to do a yard sale because with so many kids, theres always one that wants or needs something that Im getting rid of. But thats a good thing cause its a lot less work than trying to set up a yard sale.
Old 10-11-2013, 04:55 AM

I've waited too long to have my yard sale this year, so I think I may be waiting for spring or summer. I just haven't had time to get it all together and priced. (I have a pet peeve about yard sales with no prices on the items.)

My daughter mentioned maybe we could go together and get a booth at a local indoor flea market and get rid of our unneeded items this way. Either way, I need to start getting things ready, then I can store the items in my daughter's storage unit since she has items there ready and waiting for us to sell.
Old 10-11-2013, 04:21 PM

I hate unmarked items too. Be it at a yard sale and especially in a store. I pass them up and dont even ask.

i have been to other yard sales where the things have been priced just a dollar or so below what you would pay to buy it brand new. That one really peeves me. I mean, its a yard sale already, used items, and they shouldnt be that high.

This winter when you get bored might be a good time to work on some of these items to get them ready. I know the winter months find me with times I cant get out or just dont want to go out so I will tear into a closet or whatever and sort stuff out and get rid of what I dont want or need any more. Just sayin. lol
Old 10-13-2013, 04:32 AM

Good idea, maybe after the holidays I'll do just that. It will be something to do in the slow months after all the hectic activity.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:50 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to PartyTBingoT

I should have a Tag sale too.
I was going to have one last month but other things got in my way lol
I have so many bingo daubers & playing cards to sell & other stuff to sell.
I think I will wait for the spring now.
It will give me time to get the things ready.
~~~PartyT's~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~PartyT's Home~~~
Old 10-20-2013, 04:54 AM

I hear ya KingT! Looks like we both procrastinated too long to get our stuff sold this year. Well, now we have plenty of time to get our stuff priced and ready for a spring sale.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:46 AM

LOL Great post. We never seem to have yard sales here in the UK - mostly what we call car boots, instead - but I'd always choose bingo!

Tags
bingo fun, bingo night, garage sales, high heat, playing bingo